Sunday, April 7, 2013

Addie Lou Noble

Addie Lou Noble was my greatgrandmother.  I was 7 years old when she passed away, but I don't remember anything about her.  I have plenty of aunts and a daddy who I'm sure remember lots about her (Stories would be appreciated!)  So I'm not worried about that.  Here is what I have for her now from Family Tree Maker.


Addie Lou Noble was born on 26 Sep 1902 in Hamburg, Ashley, Arkansas, USA as the third child of Thomas Harvey Noble and Tranny Josephine Estelle. She had ten siblings, namely: Horace Leslie, Mary Sue, Dewey Harvey, Zemery, Savage, Charles, Nellie Jean, John, Alleane, and Russell. She died on 11 Jul 1984 in Hamburg, Ashley, Arkansas, USA. When she was 18, She married Dix Lindsey Shockley,son of Thomas Jefferson Shockley and Addie Bell Bateman, on 06 Dec 1920 in Hamburg, Ashley, Arkansas, USA.

Her Social Security Number was 430-19-0261. SSN issued: in Arkansas, USA She lived in Carter, Ashley, Arkansas, USA in 1910. She lived in Carter, Ashley, Arkansas, USA in 1920. She lived in Carter, Ashley, Arkansas, United States on 01 Apr 1940.  These Census Records are below...  I have looked through a lot of census pages trying to find their little family in 1930.  I have an idea about where they lived, but they are no where in the census for that area.  The next census records I need to page through is over 40 pages, so I'm trying to put that off as long as possible while I check out Addie Lou's siblings and hopefully stumble over some information about where they were in 1930.  Until then, this is what we have.

Dix Lindsey Shockley and Addie Lou Noble had the following children:

1. Addie Louise Shockley was born on 26 Feb 1925 in Ashley, Arkansas, USA (Wilmar Gate Camp). She died on 06 Sep 1991 in Hamburg, Ashley, Arkansas, USA. She married Sawyer Porter Goodwin on 31 Jul 1947 in Hamburg, Ashley, Arkansas, USA.
2. Jack Lindsey Shockley was born on 14 Oct 1933 in Hamburg, Ashley, Arkansas, USA. He died on 05 Feb 2005 in Hamburg, Ashley, Arkansas, USA.

1910 US Federal Census - Carter, Ashley, Arkansas, USA.

1920 US Federal Census - Carter, Ashley, Arkansas, USA.


1940 US Federal Census - Carter, Ashley, Arkansas, USA.
Next Steps:
1. Keep checking for their whereabouts in 1930.
2. Start gathering date and sources for her siblings and then her parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment